I’m reviewing Mutant Whey 10 lbs, a unique 5-stage whey protein supplement from PVL, the maker of very popular weight gainer Mutant Mass. I tried all 3 flavours and I’m pleased to submit my Mutant Whey review.
The Mutant Whey formula has 5 types of whey.
- NITROSERUM (Unique Membrane Filtered Whey Protein Concentrate / Phospholipid Complex): The new “Diamond Standard” of whey protein, because NITROSERUM is a form of whey that promotes more real muscle growth, preservation, and growth hormone response.
- Micro Filtered Whey Protein Concentrates: These are traditional gold standard in whey protein. Concentrates that are fast absorbing and very low in lactose level. This type of protein enhances the immune health because it has more immunoglobulins. Immunoglobulins provide immediate short-term protection against disease.
- Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate:At 97% protein, this is the highest protein source of whey. It also has the 2nd highest immediate nitrogen retention and virtually lactose free.
- ActiNOS: Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Bio-Active Peptide Isolate: Fast absorbing and NOS (nitric oxide synthase) stimulator. ActiNOS also is the main agent for delivering more BCAAs for muscle recovery.
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate: This is the #1 boy for nitrogen retention.
1 serving (2 scoops) contains 44 grams of whey protein, 10 grams of carb, 6 grams of fat, 2 grams of sugar (4g with strawberry cream). The percentage (%) of protein in the supplement is 70%. And it has about half the cholesterol of other protein supplements. It’s a very cost-effective whey protein, too. Its 5lbs tub contains 63 servings, so it’s less than 80 cents per serving.
Mutant Whey mixes great. I usually use a blender and take it in the morning so it doesn’t bother me, but every time I use a shaker cup I notice a few lumps. But no big deal, the powders taste pretty good and they dissolve very quickly in your mouth.
Mutant Whey tastes REALLY incredible! Mix Mutant Whey with Mutant Rehab and this will give fast protein and branched chain amino acids.
Mutant Whey is a complete whey protein blend that satisfies the desire of many athletes and bodybuilders. The name “Mutant Whey” is both a blessing and a curse in that most people associate the Mutant brand as a weight gainer brand, and some people don’t know this protein powders even exist. Maybe it’s an awareness issue. But if you want to go on a low-carb diet and yet take the protein nutrients, then Mutant Whey is the answer.