Dymatize recently released their updated pre-workout Xpand 2x: Power & Performance Muscle Igniter, and I couldn’t wait to try the new formula, and the new flavours! Here is my Dymatize Xpand 2x review.
The new Xpand 2x has some great blends to ignite your workouts:
- Myo-Xpand is your muscle building blend with micronized pure creatine monohydrate, CarnoSyn beta-alanine, and creatinol-o-phosphate
- Enduro-Xpand blend provides your muscle amino acids, including Chain-Sol (2:1:1 water soluble BCAA complex), L-taurine and Sustamine alanyl-glutamine
- Focus-Xpand is your mind-muscle complex containing tyrosine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, and rhodiola
- Vaso-Xpand matrix gives your muscles the pump, blending agmatine sulfate, Nitro2Granit (pomegranate extract), beet root extract, ascorbic acid, and AssuriTEA green tea extract
- QRS-Complex is a quercetin rutin synergy
Mixability – 9.5/10
Taste – 9/10
Dymatize Xpand 2x is available in 4 flavours: fruit punch, mandarin orange, watermelon, and red raspberry. Watermelon = WOW. The watermelon flavour tastes exactly like a Jolly Rancher, and if I rated this flavour on its own…10/10 no question! Mandarin orange is also quite good. Fruit punch is good, not too sweet so it’s pretty easy to drink. I haven’t tried the red raspberry yet.
Effectiveness – 9/10
I played around a little with the number of scoops I took just to see how Xpand 2x made me feel during my training. I only used the caffeinated version. Most days (and definitely before evening workouts), 1 scoop was ideal. My energy increased, and my focus sharpened. It gave me good pump and greater endurance, pushing me through sets with a little more ease. This pre-workout allowed me to stay in the gym longer and get more out of each session. If I needed a little extra kick for my workout (especially early morning ones), I used 1.5 scoops. The pump that I got from just the extra half-scoop was ridiculous! My sessions in general were further enhanced – even more energy, even better focus, increased endurance, etc. – but the main difference was the PUMP!
Overall – 9.25/10